On November 9th, 1882 the foundations were laid. Bruno Mädler went self employed. He was dealing with fittings and hardware for the building industry, rivets, screws, bolts and nuts.
But business went booming fast. In 1905 the company proudly moved into their first own company building. The numbers of customers, products and employees were quickly rising. Thus in the 30ies the company had about 300 employees and was one of the leading tool building and mechanical engineering companies in Germany.
The end of the war in 1945 brought along drastic changes, also for Bruno Mädler. Two months before the end of the war: air raid on Berlin. Hardly one stone remained on the other. The Mädler company building in Köpenicker Street was completely destroyed.
When the rebuilding began, nobody new about the separation of Berlin that would later take place. Bad luck, that a site in East Berlin was chosen to dare a new start. The trade company was thus later managed as a trust and in 1972 the company was officially converted into public property.
The branch in West Berlin, which had been started at the same time, took a different development. After the war it became the new basis for company development. But: the strong competition of the free-market economy made the company change its approach. The main goal was now to find new, promising market niches.
And really, one sector that was perfectly suited could be found: gear elements, gear units, geared motors, machine building elements, standard parts and threaded spindles with accessories offered good future perspectives.
And the further development showed how correct this estimation had been. 1959 the branch in Stuttgart was founded, followed by Dusseldorf in 1963.
An even bigger step followed in 1968: Due to supply shortages and the high demands we have always had on quality we started to be interested in building up our own production and in 1968 we got the chance to join up with a company.
This cooperation went so well, that in 1984 our first own production site, the toothing and gearing technology company Mädler GmbH, was founded. At the same time a number of other things happened:
- 1970: the company headquarters are moved from Berlin to Stuttgart.
- 1975: the subsidiary in Hamburg is founded.
- 1977: the business premises in Berlin are being closed.
- 1978: the Transnord GmbH in Hamburg is founded, with participation of the Mädler GmbH.
- 1978: Mädler also starts trading in the neighbouring countries. The company Mädler Norm-Antrieb AG in Feuerthalen/ Switzerland starts making business.
- 1988: the headquarters in Stuttgart move into their new, own premises.
- 1990: the subsidiary in Dusseldorf moves - for the same reason.
- 2004: the area in Stuttgart is extended by about 3000 sqm.
- 2007: the Madler-Silvertech Power Transmission Components (Shenzen) LTD. was founded. This is the third factory of Maedler.
- 2010: the subsidiary in Hamburg moves together with the factory Transnord into new buildings in Stapelfeld near Hambourg.
- 2012: the area in Stuttgart is extended by about 5,400 sqm.
- 2013: in Stuttgart, the erection of a new production hall starts to procure the area for new machines.
What once started with a few hundred parts, progressed rapidly. All company areas - whether trade or production schedule, transmission, gearing or long-thread technology - have developed a variety that nobody would have expected.
A result to be proud of, and which the about 130 Maedler employees gain from their 25,000 active customers. Then again, there is still a lot of potential left. From more than 20,000 parts in the catalog product range, about 5,000 articles are produced by the own manufacturing companies to ensure the high quality level.